Saturday, August 12, 2023

Peaches for Everyone

 Here in Ontario it is peach season. Can we ever have enough of this sweet juicy fruit? I never buy peaches out of season. I make as many peachy goodness recipes as I can in this very short month.  And I freeze a few bagfulls to have for peachy recipes in those horribly long winter months. This year may be a bit different with the move but I am going to try to do the best I can.

Peach Ice Cream


 

Peach Streusel Muffins


My tomatoes are ripening fast and furious. Did you know you should pick your fruit before it ripens? Let it sit on a window sill or counter. You won't have to deal with blossom end rot. 

Thank goodness for raised garden beds. With the amount of rain we have had and are expecting it helps a wee bit. I do have 3 plants in the greenhouse that are doing ok. They may need to be put in bigger pots. That may be a project for next week.



Hope to get a few bags of these too. I  freeze skinless whole tomatoes in freezer bags. If there is time this year I may make a couple jars of salsa.

HB's birthday was at the start of the month.  He decided he wanted a quiet celly just us. I was in charge of making the pizza and a wee sweet . Peach, prosciutto, 2 cheese, basil,  with a balsamic glaze. 


It was delicious.

 I found a recipe for a mini cheesecake that was enough for us.


Cosmos and zinnias 




Have a great week!!

No comments: