Saturday, July 29, 2023

Moving the Raspberry Patch

 As the ole saying goes "the best laid plans of mice and men"

I had every intention of journaling our adventure in this moving adventure.  So here we are numerous months in and I am just doing it. The house has been decluttered ---- to the best of our ability -- cleaned up and prepped. As of a week ago the sign went up.



 So far we had 2 showings. We know it is going to take someone looking for a lovely family home but is willing to put lots of TLC in.  Right now it is very slow on the selling and buying front. People are on vacay and aren't looking at the market. Fingers crossed  August perks up.



On the garden front. I must make a huge admission. I am not terribly inspired this year on the garden front. I am enjoying the bit of puttering in the greenhouse and bits of weeding and fussing but deep down gardening is not enjoyable. Now having said this our potager is looking fantastic this year.  We have eaten radishes,


lettuce, swiss chard, kale, and of course lots of basil.  


The tomatoes (San Marzano) are starting to look like, well, San Marzano tomatoes!! 


Oh yes the jalapenos are delicious.

This is the hottest July in the world's yes the world's history. Humidexes in the high 30's and 40's. Crazy heat and then heavy downpours. Bad air quality is a daily reminder of wildfires and climate change. 


Now that I have regaled in self pity and complaining it's time to put a brighter spin on this post.

So far we have had day trips with the grand kids, birthday parties, new ice cream recipe, graduations, garden posies, baking, and enjoying a sweet relax on the patio.







Let's see if I can continue with this blogging.

I do enjoy looking back and consider it one of my ways of keeping track of things in my life.

No comments: