Friday, November 4, 2022

Second Week Flying Solo

 My second week of "flying solo".

 I thought I would be going bonkers by now but I have kept busy with lots of little projects. Don't get me wrong I miss my HB more than I can say. 

Lots of old movies, knitting vlogs, hockey games, and decluttering. I did spend most of last weekend cleaning up a horrible flooding mess in the old laundry room, Suffice it to say it was not the way I wanted to spend the weekend. It's all fixed now and cleaned up.

I have been trying to eat as gluten free as much I can. I've made up a gluten free baking mix and have made blueberry muffins and banana bread. Great for my mid morning snack. I'm finding that if I do eat a bit of bread or any gluten product my stomach gets a very bloaty feeling ..... not pleasant






GF Baking Mix

1 cup white rice flour

1 cup brown rice flour

2/3 of a cup potatoe starch

1/3 of a cup tapioca starch

I have read if you are making a dough say for pizza you should add one quarter of a teaspoon xanthium gum to 1 cup mix. It helps to give the dough that gluteny feel.

I haven't tried this myself yet but may give it a try this week.

My thoughts are crazy pants with Christmas. Got my cards and have started organizing my planner. I had a planner for the past 3 Christmases but I CANNOT find that sucker anywhere.   So the only thing to do is yes start a new one. Norman is rolling his eyes at me.


This weekend Holly and the kiddos are coming for pizza. The weather has been spectacular. Saturday is supposed to be sunny and 21c (70F). Is it really November??? Global warning sucks but this is one of the nicer side effects for us anyway. The garden is still showing off its beauty.







1 comment:

La Table De Nana said...

Are you still gluten freeing?
You did well while he was away.I saw on IG of course:)
Nice of you to share your recipe..J thought he had to and we went that route for a while.My French Canadian husband is relieved he can eat anything now..almost..:)It was about 1 yr..many yrs ago...