Sunday, April 23, 2023

Prepping the Raspberry Patch

 Well the serious part of the move prep has begun. This past week Max the painter has been busy painting ceilings and doors. Our ceilings have never been painted so you can imagine 45 year old ceilings just sucked the glorious paint in. 

 

Unfortunately it is taking an extra day . The doors have been painted a bright white and we have chosen  Balboa Mist for the wall colours. It is quite the job as we have not painted for 10 to 20 years ...... oops.




Our main floor is draped in drop cloths and plastic wrap

April 17

After a lovely weekend of sunshine and glorious temperatures ( 27 to 30s)  Getting caught up on laundry and a bit of baking .




 A great afternoon in Arnprior.





 Max is back at it putting the paint on walls and repairing a lot of bad stuff.




 I do feel a bit , as my friend Monique says, paused. I did a bit of organizing donations boxes in the basement this morning but it got a bit overwhelming so I stopped. Now I am hold up in my bedroom writing this.

Max is going to to do the stairs too YAHOO!!
I had planned on doing them but he has offered of course with an extra fee which in the grand scheme of the full reno it is next to nothing. And I don't have to do it which is worth it to me.





April 20th

Here we are on our 7th day of painting. Yes I am overwhelmed . Yes I feel cluttered. But it is almost finished and the result will and is fantastic. Max is very particular which I enjoy making the work last a bit longer.. We are hoping today is the last full day and tomorrow can be used for touching up.

Yesterday we took a wee hike on the Beckwith Trail just to get out of the house. It was pretty dismal but nice to do something different. It was cold and the only bird calling was a robin altho we did see trumpeter swans flying over a field. That was Iain's hi lite. 


Today we are having lunch with the Roys. Paul's brother unexpectedly passed away last week. tt will be nice to touch base with them. I don't think we have seen them since coming back from Costa Rica.


April 23

Painting is done and now we just have to put the house back to a minimalist way of living. No point in unpacking boxes just to pack them up in one or two months. 
Yesterday we viewed 5 homes and I am exhausted. We saw one at the end of the day that was the best we had seen and I think if we felt ready we would have made an offer.  This week I am focusing on getting the laundry room and craft room organized.

I also have to get back to a normal routine now that the house is back.
 Cleaning, Laundry, meal plans.




I have had friends ask why we/I want to move. Cuz let's face it HB would stay put. I want a change and would like a more updated house. A smaller more doable yard would be nice. I love my yard but over the years it has become more of a chore than a joy. A bungalow would be ideal but we have been looking at some lovely townhomes. 

Wishing you all a wonderful week......

2 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I tried coming here from your IG link..no can do..So I clicked from your comment at my house and it worked;)
I was wondering why the move..now I know:) Glad to know at least there is something out there!
Every home for sale looks staged now..compared to my 30 yrs as an agent:)
I would have a lot of packing and staging to do here..So for now and as long as we can..This is home sweet home....

zAzA said...

Ya ... don't know whats up with the IG link. Yes lots of staging. It seems imagination is lacking. Oh well we look past all that ridiculousness. I can't even begin to tell you how much packing and decluttering is happening here after 37 years. Thank you for commenting.