Monday, October 10, 2022

Thanksgiving Weekend in Canada

 Well here we are  October 6th. September just didn't seem to happen. I contacted Covid as the month started and that was it for the month. Sore throat , coughing, being extremely tired, and just not having any mo jo to do anything the month flew by without me. I am just starting to feel better and now it's time to start lists and try to catch up on life.

The gardens are screeching out to put them to bed.



 I have a few things done but there is so much more to do. This weekend (Thanksgiving) is supposed to be lovely. We aren't doing any family cellys as Iain is heading to a trip to Argentina ----- his 70th BD gift 2 years late ---- and the last thing he wants is a cold or flu. Holly's work and the kiddos school are rampant with Covid and colds. Sio is sick with a cold and her 2 kiddlys are just recovering.  Maybe I can get out in the garden and get a few things done.

Of course the house is in need of a good clean and tidy.  And there is always laundry to do. We are also decluttering and packing things in the event that we move in the spring. 

I have been going through my old blogs and others who are still blogging. I love looking back on them and even if no one else sees them I enjoy it. Blogging seems to becoming an ancient art as a lot more people are doing vlogs and have you tube channels. I am not that disciplined 

I have been doing a bit of apple baking this fall. So far there has been French Apple Cake and Apple Crisp.





My IG friend Monique has shared a few apple recipes with me. I may not get around to them all but I will give it the old college try. 

Friday was apple pie baking day. I have made one for ourselves and one for Miles. There is a pumpkin pie being made Saturday cuz Riley wants pumpkin. 


A quiet dinner just us.






Hope all my Canadian family and friends had a terrific Thanksgiving weekend



3 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

When I lost 90 percent of my pics..I almost quit blogging..
But I’m still here lol.
I’m sorry you had Covid..
Gardens being put to bed here also..
Garlic planting tomorrow..
Yet another shot today for flu.
Your pie crust looks fab I always say that..tips for your bottom crust?
Is it all lard..all butter..glass dish lol ..
Take care

zAzA said...

Thanks Monique, I always use the Canadian Living food processor method and it comes out every time ..... really. And i use a metal pie dish. Ya my gardens are taking a bit longer to put to bed this year. Thank goodness for HB he is a real worker bee. No spring planting this year ___ just in case we move in the spring.

La Table De Nana said...

Move?TY trying a new pie dough recipe this AM..it’s been on my mind