Saturday, December 5, 2020

Yikes is it really the first week of December?

 Saturday

Today I started getting my thinking cap on for holiday baking.  Test baked vegan chocolate crinkle cookies. They have met with the non vegans approval.



My knitting mo jo has seemed to be lost somewhere. I suppose I should give myself a break as I have finished a blanket and 2 hats ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ I worked on a pair of Saltwater Mittens. And when I say worked on I mean I got a cuff done.




This past week I have been feeling a bit more bummed than usual as we have been informed we should only have Christmas within our household. I know everyone is in this great big ocean of a pandemic but we are in our own little boats and sometimes those little boats seem adrift.I honestly cannot see us not being with Holly and the kiddos. Miles and Riley are having a very tough time with all of this as I'm sure most kiddos are. So yes we will most likely break with the rules and spend the afternoon with them. Hopefully we will see our other little sweetys over the break. 


Sunday

After having a horrible night I was planning a fairly slow day. I put up my little tree today ------ or as my sweet boy Fox like to call it ... Nona's baby tree ๐Ÿ’œ



Made the gingerbread dough for gingerbread men. I will do the baking and construction a few days before the decorating. There will be no annual lunch and cookie decorating this year with the whole family. We are breaking it into two activities. I am sad we can't all be together but happy we are making wise decisions.

Cleaned the house ... did the meal plan ... and tried to organize๐Ÿ˜ฎ๐Ÿ˜ฎ my thoughts for the coming week.

Iain is making supper tonight. Scallops and lots of veggys ๐Ÿ˜

Monday

I was up way too early this morning 4:30 so I do not feel terribly ambitious. Tea and vlogs this morning.

It's a very rainy day and very mild 8c (4f F) to end November.



 My yard is a mess of mud and wet bird seed. When this rain and mildness ends which is supposed to be by tomorrow I will have to clean everything out and let it dry. It's a bit of a waste of bird seed but it is for the best for the birds. I don't want the seeds to ferment which results in sick birds. 



Made the gingerbread house dough for a special Gingerbread house decorating weekend.

Put the finishing touches on the cards and now am just waiting for HB to do up the very short newsletter.



And well except for making supper that was it for my day.

Tuesday

Finished picking up the few odds and ends for stocking stuffers. I made little bags this year for each of the G kids. Simple draw string bag made with a fat quarter folded in half lengthwise. They seem to hold the goodies better than a stocking.  We needed a proper heater for the basement as HB is still doing contract work and his "office" is there. My craft room is down there too and it can get pretty chilly on the old bones. Look what we got!!  A fireplace and I love it. We may have to get one for the living room too. I told my sister and she told me to just do it. Gotta love sistas.



Wednesday

Not anything too interesting today. Lots of hump day cleaning and organizing. 

So here is a picture of my beautiful hibiscus and 2 of the Christmas cactus in bloom.






Thursday

Um !!  So where did this come from ..... Despite wearing masks everywhere and washing and sanitizing until my hands were raw. I have still managed to get my annual pre Christmas cold. 

I have managed to putter around and get some tidying done.

But that has been the extent of my activities.

I have had to cancel a weekend sleepover with Daphne and Fox.  I had lots of plans --- Santa is doing a drive by and we were going to bundle up and head over to the street he is driving by. Then of course there was going to be cookie decorating. of course there was going to be outside time too. Hopefully we can do it (except for Santa) next weekend or maybe even play hooky from school one day.

Norman and I are spending the afternoon under a blanky, Christmas knitting, and watching old westerns. There may be a few nod offs.

Friday

Still feeling a bit under the weather but managed to get a little baking done. How do lemon biscotti sound? Bring on the afternoon tea.



More knitting that of course I can't share right now but here is a pic of a hat I made for myself.



The sisters gifts are boxed up and ready for the post office.

It's a YOYO (your on your own) for supper tonight ..... YAY!!

Have an awesome weekend and see you next week.


PS Not sure what is going on with my comments section but if you could leave a little something so I know it is working. Thank you๐Ÿ‘



No comments: