Thursday, March 12, 2020

Cookies and gardening

This weekend we are having our grand kiddlys for a sleepover.
So what's a Nona to do  ----- bake cookies.
I have adapted the Martha Stewart oatmeal cookies recipe to be vegan friendly.
Here it is::

1 and 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats (not quick)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips ( I used Enjoy Life brand semi sweet mini chips)
1 flax egg ( 1 tablespoon ground flax to 3 tablespoons water -- let sit in fridge at least 15 minutes)
6 tablespoons vegan butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla

Beat butter with sugars til light and fluffy. Add vanilla and flax egg til combined. Add the flour, rolled oats, soda, salt and stir til combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 12 to 15 minutes. My oven is hot and only takes 10 to 11.


And here they are------




I also did a bit of transplanting this morning of my geranium seedling.




I thought I would get the tomatoes done but the secondary leaves are just showing 
so a few more days to go.

I also did a project for St Patty's Day but it's a secret that I will share later.




Hope you have had a good Thursday.

No comments: