Saturday, December 12, 2020

Where did that week go?

 Saturday the 5th

 On the mend. Feeling much better. 
Got the hot chocolate station put up. 



Notice the teeny Bonne Maman jars ---- a little souvenir (hahaha) of the cruise HB and I took in February to the Caribbean. We certainly snuck that one in before the world lockdown.



I wavered by about 1:00 and spent the rest of the day on the couch.  😔


Sunday the 6th

A bit of a solemn day remembering these two disasters.

Halifax Explosion 1917




and the Polytecnique massacre in Montreal 1989




Monday December 7th

Busy Busy morning. HB got the newsletter done and printed. I got the cards and my sisters parcel off. Who knows if the will get it before Christmas 😏  I saw a sign at the Post Office saying they could not guarantee Christmas delivery if you are mailing outside the country.

Stocking stuffers are acquired and that is it. Now I can concentrate on at home making things.

I think I had a little nap today cuz I started watching one movie to wake up in the middle of another.

One pan pork chop, potatoes, and asparagus for supper tonight.


Tuesday the 8th

A busy in house day.

My beautiful Amaryllis, Apple Blossom, is making a marvelous show.



Did a 2nd batch of dough for the 2nd gingerbread house.

Made dairy free yogourt. It is made with coconut milk, almond milk, maple syrup, and gelatin. It didn't quite set. As a matter of fact it didn't set at all. It is quite delicious and is a great addition to the morning smoothie. i will try another recipe as I was enjoying berries, bananas, and yogourt for breakfast.  Being lactose intolerant dairy free yogourt is great. Unfortunately it is quite expensive.

Had a nice though very chilly on the ears walk. Lots of very nicely decorated houses


Wednesday the 9th

It finally happened .... after 10 months of not visiting my stylist I went. My hair feels so much better and it doesn't just hang all crazy floppy. HB had his locks lopped of too.  




So what do you do with fancy hair and no where to go ----- you host a virtual cocktail party. We have one every Christmas ... sometimes big sometimes small.  This year virtual . One plus of a virtual is there is no pre cleaning and crazy prepping. Mind you I say that but I kinda like doing that stuff.




It was a huge success. Everyone must have enjoyed themselves because we spent 3 hours at it. Noone had to worry about drinking too much or driving home. I have to put a positive spin on it , right?



Just hoping next year we can do it up big time.🙌

Thursday the 10th

HB and I were a little slow this morning. We aren't used to be up til 11:30 anymore HAHAHAHA!

I had cookies to bake off for the weekend. Then it was onto pick up Miles and Riley from school and have a wee visit and supper with them. Holly is following a Keto lifestyle so I made a keto chicken soup  for supper that was delicious. Lots of veggies and ginger. I will have to bookmark that one. It feels like a great recipe to have when cold season hits. I also tried making Keto biscuits Recipe here. My helper was on hand for that. I was very happy with the way they turned out.


It's my Nana's birthday today. I think of her almost every day and she is is a daily inspiration to me. I aspire to be as remembered and loved as she is. 💓



Friday the 11th

Up and at em this morning prepping the house for our lil visitors for a sleepover and baking muffins and light shows and cookie decorating.



Freezing rain is in the forecast so we may have them an extra night. 😉  I have a new craft to try just in case.


Have an awesome weekend and I will see you next week

No comments: