Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Garden Musings

 With the thought of leaving the Raspberry Patch sometime this year I am left in a bit of a quandary as what to to with the veg patch as well as the pots of annuals I like to place around. My family and friends say just DO IT!! What they don't seem to understand is the amount of thought and planning I invest in the summer garden. Do I want to take all this time and effort for someone else to enjoy the fruits of the labour.? One thing I know for sure is that there are a few perennials that I will be digging up and letting them have a visit in Arnprior for a few weeks. Of course this will happen before the house gets put up for sale. Right now the gardens are bursting with spring altho spring does not want to show up right now.



I do like picking fresh radishes and lettuce for a summer salad. And there are the herbs that I find are essential to cooking at the Raspberry Patch. Then of course there is my mini cutting garden. I really do like having a few posies for the table or take to a friends house. 

It looks like I have kind of convinced myself that i will be just as passionate this year as I have in past years with my planting.

I guess sometimes all it takes is sitting quietly and putting my thoughts in words.




No comments: