Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Robbie Burns Day

 In the past and by past I mean 2 years ago we would have a few friends in to celebrate Scotland's Bard. We would dress as tartany as we could and sip Robbie Burns cocktails. Followed by my version of a Scottish meal. No Haggis at the Raspberry Patch.  This year and last as well we are in Stage 2 of a lockdown. That means no more than 5 people in your home so another year of no dinner party. We didn't celebrate last year but this year we are. The table is set with plaid and white with jeweled napkin holders. 



They remind me of a neck brooch my Scottish mother in law would wear. This day reminds me of my in laws even more than usual . My very proud Scottish MIL and my English honourary Scottish FIL who could recite Burns poetry better than anyone.

Robbie Burns Cocktail

2 ounces Scotch whiskey

1/4 ounce sweet vermouth

1 dash orange bitter or a slice of orange zest

Pour ingredients in a shaker filled with ice. Do your best Tom Cruise (Cocktail 1988) . Pour into chilled cocktail glass.   Slainte!!








Salmon Wellington  For 2

There are lots of recipes on line. I did my own thing and collaborated a few recipes together. Hey it's salmon and puff pastry how can it go wrong?




Roasted root vegetables

Scottish trifle     The thing that makes it Scottish rather than English? I used Cardu Scotch LOL




Wishng you all a wonderful Bard day!


No comments: