Friday, December 31, 2021

A wee .. very wee wrapup

 I am planning to take a day to myself today and try not to think of all the things I could be doing today. Although I complained on Instagram about being in the the kitchen for the past 4 days I baked muffins this morning. 

I had to remove a container of frozen pumpkin puree to fit the turkeys in the freezer so pumpkin oatmeal muffins it is 😍  



I don't think it is the prepping or the cooking or the baking ---- it's the cleaning.Well no more cleaning up today and supper is YOYO (you're on your own). We seem to have tons of leftovers .

I am feeling a bit down today because we we're supposed to have the family (all 10 of us) here for a Christmas celly. Unfortunately Nick (Holly's partner) wasn't feeling good and bowed out of Christmas day and is now waiting to be tested. Now this morning Holly is having some symptoms. Good or bad we did celebrate with Holly and the kiddos for Christmas day. At the time we said what the hell but now I'm thinking it wasn't such a great idea. We had a fantastic day and I know the kids really enjoyed themselves. When HB shopped for turkey he couldn't find one good sized one so he got 2 small ones. lots of turkey and both households got carcasses for stock.

Didn't do a ton of knitting this year year for gifts. As a matter of fact I only knitted a pair of fingerless gloves for my friend Monique  and headbands for my daughters. 





I am still slugging away on the sweater for HB ---- sleeves are done and I have about 4 inches done on the body . Then there is the shawl I started when I was in Nova Scotia in October. I've found a pattern for ear flap hats to make for the kids from Purl Soho using bulky Yarn ......  :-)

Tried my hand at baked doughnuts. 





We were invited for lunch at my daughter's ,Siobhan , Christmas eve and I have a really hard time not bringing something sweet. It's a recipe I found www.noracooks.com It is a vegan recipe and is delicious. I SHALL be making these again!! The Arnprior kiddlys approve.




The Carleton Place Christmas bird count is over for another year. 





Seems to have been heavy on the gold finch front this year. Traditionally  we have tortiere for supper that night.


 I say traditionally cuz we have been doing this for about 10 years . And now that I have discovered I have French roots it seems more of a tradition. I use the Processer Pastry recipe from Canadian Living and the Tortiere recipe from them as well.  The pastry is my go to and turns out every time .... every time. 


So Happy New Year cuz I am posting this new year's eve🍾🥂

And I hope you are all well and happy!! Ciao to 2021 ..... bring on 2022..... 

1 comment:

Deb said...

Great post. I love all the photos, especially your happy face. YOU MADE DOUGNUTS!!!
You need to write a cookbook. I'd buy it. :-)
Happy New Year to all at 44 and the family. xo