Monday, December 16, 2019

Christmas Busyness ... Day 9,10,11,12,13,14,15

Well where in the heck did that week go.
It was a busy and fast week. So let's get started. What happened at the Raspberry Patch?


On Monday I finished up my shopping … well except for the pantry and fridge supplies.
I had a wonderful catch up visit with a sweet friend. We met up at our local coffee shop -- Under Pressure. A wonderful shop full of wonderful coffee smells and fresh baking. The staff are cheery and friendly. We managed to nab a couple of comfy chairs and sipped our cappuccinos and get kinda caught up on each other. After a couple hour visit we said our good byes with promises of seeing each other again --- soon.


Tuesday was spent with lil rascal. 



He helped his Bapa top up the bird feeders and water station.
Played lots of playdoh.



He had a major nap -- 2 hours!!
Then it was car playing, colouring, playing in the kitchen sink, 
helping with supper, an ice cream cone, a bath, stories and songs,
 then nighty nite. 
Phew!! Yes we were ready for a big sit down and there may have been a glass of wine involved.

YAY.  He slept til 7:15.
We had a long slowish morning.
I didn't feel very well so Bapa took the lad home himself
We were going to a Christmas afternoon get together put on by the guy HB does consulting for..
Since I felt kind of miserable I begged off but HB went and said it was enjoyable afternoon.

Thursday I decided to have a slow day or at least as slow  as I could make it.
I finished a knitting project.  Started yet another knitted dish cloth.


 They are the easiest knitting projects and are not too taxing on my wrist. 
Suffice it to say there are lots of people who will be getting a dishcloth in their gift bags.
I managed to get lots of wrapping done.

Friday was another busy one.
I made gingerbread cookies for the annual Christmas cookie decorating at the Raspberry Patch.
I also made a delicious pureed root vegetable soup for our lunch.


There it was Saturday and time to get ready for the annual sugar crush.
Table set for lunch.



Unfortunately our boy Fox was a little under the weather so daddy stayed home with him .
We ate our lunch and then it was time to get this cookie show on the road.
Riley helped make the royal icing and was in charge of getting everyone's colour choice.
Miles bopped around just waiting for it all to start.
Poor Daphne got hit by a horrible stomach bug and missed out on lunch but
 recooped enough to participate in the cookies.
They all did a fantastic decorating job.





Holly, Miles, and Riley left for swimming lessons.
Siobhan and D decided to stay cuz D was pretty miserable and
 the rain we were having turned to snow.


D was still a pretty sick little girl Sunday morning but after a little bowl of rainbow cheerios 
and Ferdinand the Bull Momma decide it was time to head out.


I'm still not feeling great but it was a lovely weekend.
I spent the rest of Sunday getting caught up on a bit of housework. 
Then we topped the day off with HB's pizza and a relaxing evening.


Bring on next week.
 Oh and Norman says Nighty nite.



** Sorry I am posting a bit late my finger didn't quite get to the "publish" button yesterday


No comments: