Thursday, March 20, 2014

Easiest Baby Beany Ever

I was in baby beany mode when Miles and Riley
 were getting ready to enter this world.
 
And now with my third grand baby on the way I am at it again.
I also made a few to donate to the hospital that they were born in.
I plan to do the same this time.
This is the easiest and quickest little project and I can usually get one done in a couple of evenings "watching" TV.
You are only restricted by your imagination with colour combos or a solid colour.
Here is my first one done!
 



Baby Beany (newborn)
 yarn sports weight
needle 3.25 mm double pointed

Cast on 72 stitches. Divide evenly (24 on 3 needles)
Join and work 6 rounds of k2, p2 ribbing

Knit 24 rounds.

For shaping
Round 1 and all odd rounds: Knit
Rnd 2: *knit 4, knit 2 together; repeat between *s -- 60 stitches
Rnd 4: *knit 3, knit 2 together; repeat between  *s -- 48 stitches
Rnd 6: *knit 2, knit 2 together; repeat between *s -- 36 stitches
Rnd 8: * knit 1, knit 2 together; repeat between *s -- 24 stitches
Rnd 10: knit 2 together around -- 12 stitches
Knit one more round even.
Cut tail and thread through remaining loops. Pull tight and tie off. Weave in ends

No comments: