Saturday, December 21, 2013

Winter Solstice / First Day of Winter

Here I sit at 5 am slugging back some warm milk hoping the tryptophan kicks in.
I know there are two schools of thought on this
But I choose to believe in the sleep inducing properties of it.
 
Any who I thought it would give me a chance to show you some pics from our day yesterday.
You know its going to be bad when the radar is pink
 
 
As with after any storm it begins with a cleanup.
 
 
I keep the feral feeding station under our side steps.
The dish is always empty and there are little footy prints everywhere.
 
 
Our neighbour's neglected eavestrough lend itself to awesome icicles.
 
 
We actually saw someone coming out of the shed last night on our way to bed.
Trudging thru the snow probably heading to the food station for a midnight snack.
 
 
Poor Easter Island Man
 
 
The sunflower seeds have been stripped but their stalks leave interesting architecture to the back garden
 
 
 
 
Buck and Rudy! Our front door welcoming committee
 
 
 
 
There is a lonely mourning dove in the tree.
Despite having lots of feeders, suet, and open water our bird visitors are pretty slim.
HB coordinates our local Audubon Christmas bird count and has done so for the past 7 years (as well as contributing for over 20)
He has seen a rapid decline in species and amounts seen.

 
I think my warm milk is working so back upstairs to grab a few winks til coffee time.
 
 

Addy thinks I should be back in bed. I think I disturbed her sleep.

No comments: