Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pissy Pants??

So I have been having a wee behavioral problem with my girls.
Someone has been spraying carpets, chairs, kitchen cupboards and the occasional wall.
It's disgusting and terribly frustrating.
Yes I have done what has been suggested by washing and scrubbing wherever has been sprayed with lots of vinegar and water!!
Now it hasn't happened in about a week ,at least I have not found evidence and I have a very sensitive sniffer.
However it has started up again and to make matters worse I have found pee puddles GULP on my kitchen counter.
I have the mose disinfected counters in the county!!


 It wasn't me Mamma. It was Lucky!!


It wasn"t me Mamma. It was Addy!





2 comments:

Deb said...

It's time to limit their space, Susan. I think you have a spare bedroom and it sometimes work to put them in a room with their litter boxes (2) and dishes and toys and shut the door. Get them back to using their boxes and not peeing anywhere else. This may take a few days or a few weeks but they need to earn their way back into the whole house. It's too bad for the one who is not doing it but unfortunately you don't know which one it is so they both have to have 'time out'. Make the room lovely for them, open windows, fresh air, new toys perhaps and that's it. Once you see that they are not spraying in the room then you can give them time outside the room and eventually back into the whole house. It has worked, believe me. It's worth a try. Good luck and keep me posted. Deb

Deb said...

Once they are in the room a day or two let one out for a bit and see if the spray shows up. Then the other at a different time. You will soon figure out which one is the culprit.
This happened after Guiness died and I think there may be a connection. This may sound odd but sometimes a cat will spray or pee to leave a strong scent for the missing cat to find its way back. Often on doors and near windows. With that in mind, it is hard to get mad at the cat but it still needs to be stopped.