Friday, November 13, 2009

When Disaster Strikes

Had Sio and Will for supper last nite. I spent ALL morning making lasagna. They arrived about 5:30 and we sat had a drink then Papa came home and lasagna was ready to come out of the oven. As I was removing it from the oven all hot and bubbly and ooey gooey with cheese it proceeded to jump from my hands and fall you guessed it face first on the kitchen floor!!!! I believe I was saying a few expletives as the episode was in progress. So there we were Sio Will and I (Iain was upstairs changing) looking at this beautiful lasagna splatted on the floor. So what is there to do -- LAFF!!!!! Iain saved the day by scooting off to Independent and get pizza. We ate pizza and watched the Sens throw another one away. I made a lemon meringue pie which did survive my carnage.
We had a lovely visit. It was terrific to see them and they managed to get their laundry done.

No comments: