Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Plum Oatmeal Squares

It is a Sunday altho this is being posted today.
Another extremely hot humid one.
I'm melting! I'm melting!




After topping the bird baths and hummer feeders and seed silos
 I was ready to be back in the cool house.



I was making
Plum Oatmeal Squares  for a treat today and I got to thinking.
How lucky I am to be able to bake on days like this ...
Or any day really  --- just for fun.

Thought of all those ladies in their long dresses and bib aprons with babies hanging off their legs.


They HAD to cook and in all kind of weather .
Hubby was not happy with a piece of grilled chicken
 and a black bean and pepper salad for a summer supper.
Nope it had to be some kind of roasted beast with the fixins and most likely a pie for dessert.
My Nana told us stories of her "old maid aunts" cooking in the summer kitchen.
And as a child loving the lip smacking aromas that came from there.


I want to thank all those wonderful women who have come before me.
And also thank the guy/gal who came up with the idea of AC

No comments: