Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Week in a Nutshell

This past week has been very busy.
Let's see.
Monday I spent doing some cleaning and getting the outside ready for autumn.
 
Tuesday was hair day.
I decided about 9 months ago to let my hair go its natural grey way.
I believe in the past I have regaled about my awesome hairdresser, Vicki.
She has worked very hard with me to help this process not be too painful.
Every other appointment has been partial highlights.
And I am beyond pleased with the outcome.
 
Wednesday Yip Yip Yippee back to our 5K walk
 
 
Thursday HB and I went into Ottawa to do a bit of book shopping and a baby shower gift.
I picked up Jane Austen's Mansfield Park.
 
 
I've read a lot of classics but have never glance at a Jane story.
I saw a documentary a few weeks ago about her and the Bronte girls (whom I have read) and thought I should give her a go.
So far it has been a delight to read.
 
Friday was peanut butter cookie day
 
On Saturday there was a baby shower for dear friends' new grand daughter.
Just a quick history ---- their son and daughter in law were pregnant a couple of years ago with twins.
In her 6th month she lost the babies. It was a difficult time for their whole family. So you see this wee baby girl , Olivia, is truly a blessing.
 
 
Our friends' daughter and son in law welcomed a wee baby girl, Lauren, just 2 months ago.
I am sure they are feeling twice blessed.
 
 
 
Then it was off to dinner with another friend in Ottawa who has recently split from his wife and is now going through the divorce proceedings.
He lives on the 10th floor of an apartment building.
 
 
Certainly gives us house dwellers a different perspective of the city.
 
Sunday HB and son in law Will spent the day golfing.
 
 
Daughter Siobhan came out in the afternoon.
I tried a new recipe Chicken Tikka Masala.
As they say a keeper.
Then peanut butter cookie (with above cookies) ice cream sandwiches for dessert.
 
So there is my week in a nutshell.
Hello October!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Your newest grands are adorable--love the catching up. XOXO