Thursday, February 28, 2013

Digging Out

Here in Carleton Place (about 35km west of Ottawa) IT started just after supper time.
IT snowed


And snowed 


And snowed


And snowed



Then this morning we woke up knowing we had to dig, snowblow, brush, and scrape.


After 3 hours we were finally dug out.
We were supposed to have the Lawson's in for lunch today but unfortunately it took way too long to get dug out.
So no visit.  :-(
 



Not one little bird was around ALL day.
Then around 4:00 a few came floating in.
The feeders were freshly filled and fresh water was in the water bath.
 


 
There were lots of kitty prints around so the feral station was topped up too.
Unfortunately if the starlings get a glance of the food bowl they sweep in and can devour ALL the food in a matter of minutes.
I hope I have hidden the bowl well enough for the kittys to get a few nibbles.
 
Hope you are all safe and sound tonight.

3 comments:

Deb said...

It sounds like the birds are getting back at the cats. Isn't it crazy. I am cat-sitting in the country and the birds did show up this morning but I had to clean off the spot where they eat on the deck. Lots of Cardinals, male and female.

My Little Home and Garden said...

You weren't kidding when you said you had a lot of snow. Looks like good soup or stew weather to me!

-Karen

Raindrops and Daisies said...

My goodness I have never seen so much snow!!

Here in Ireland we might have a very light dusting but nothing like that!

Stay warm.

Fiona