Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Socks for Peas and Lemon Loaf

Found this pattern by accident searching for random knitting patterns.




So far so good on the knit up of it.
I am using 3.5 mm DPNs (and my new fav -- bamboo needles)
Bought the new wool (in above post) which is a sock wool and it is knitting up lovely!


This is a wonderful Lemon Loaf recipe that is very old.
The recipe is old not this particulare loaf :-)


My mother and Nana made it and I have been making it for years.
I have also replaced the lemon zest with orange zest and have also used lemon and lime zest combined.

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs (one at a time)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp fine salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
grated rind of 1 lemon

Mix in order. Let rise 20 minutes before baking ( I don't know why but that's what the recipe says). Bake 1 hour (or less depending how fast your oven bakes)@ 350. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove and put on cooling rack. Using a bamboo skewer poke random holes in loaf. Make a syrup with the juice of the lemon and 1/4 cup white sugar. Brush over loaf.


Looks like a loverly day here.
It is walk day with Deb.
I may take my camera today as the daffs are blooming along our way.
And the river is truely racing!
But first my kitchen blinds are in desperate need of a wash.

No comments: