Friday, August 20, 2010

Birthdays and Chicken Pox

I am officially 54! I had an awesome birthday celebration last nite. Iain took me to Merlot's restaurant (a revolving one in ottawa) . You spin around and see lots of the spots of interest in Ottawa. The waiter did ask if it was a special nite and I said no. I think Iain was a bit disappointed that i didn't want any fuss. It is events like this that his extrovert Leo personality comes thru and my Leo/Virgo cusp comes thru. I had a yummy wild salmon with cous cous and Iain chowed down on a rack of lamb with whipped parsnip. O ya we also had a Quail's Gate pinot noir--- mmmmmmmm. I had my requisite creme caramel that was infused with lemon and ginger. Iain had a chocolate lava cake (it was served with vanilla ice cream so I am suspecting the cake was a vehicle for the ice cream). He said it was good but mine was better (I love you my Jeffrey). I am also officially one of the cool kids now too. The hamster finally fell off his wheel on my old phone and am now the proud owner of a blackberry. I LOVE IT!!! Still learning but I am figuring it out.

Iain is off to Texas today but he made me pancakes for breaky. I also got an awesome 70's CD. They just don't make tunes like that any more. So I am on my own for a few days. Tonight I am celebrating with some proseccco and a pizza. Tomorrow morning I plan on getting up early and getting the back deck stained so maybe not a lot of prosecco!!

Holly's fiance, Dan, is suffering this wkend with the chicken pox!! From the sounds of it he is hurting pretty bad. Holly has had them so I think she is safe. If you are reading this Dan --- thinking of you and hope you feel better soon!

No comments: