Sunday, January 31, 2016

Feathery Visitors


We have , as I know others, have been having one crazy January.
We've had a few chilly ... well yes cold days. But even the cold days we have had aren't as bad as in past Januarys.
One great big snowfall but then a couple weeks after that it was plus 9 and rained.
I think HB has had the snowblower out about 3 times altho he has shoveled the driveway a few more.

It certainly hasn't stopped the birds from filling up.
I think they enjoy stopping in the yard ---- except for the occasional pass by from a sharp shinned hawk and of course the many cats that wander the backyards






Having a water feature certainly attracts them.
And having the best DAMN suet (see side bar) in the neighbourhood helps too !!!

 
 

This how my girls are spending the winter ...

3 comments:

Deb said...

What a pretty photo of your seed wreath. Mine lasted two days. I love the female cardinal....her colours. :)) The pileated woodpecker is here every day now but has been leaving his friend at home. Hope to see them together again. Annie & Audrey have the same idea. xo

Country Gal said...

Lovely photos ! We have been blessed with this winter being of little snow and the odd really cold day here and there . I cant believe we are already in to February WOW where do the days and months go ? Yup our birdies have been feasting at all the feeders to I do love having them about all year watching and photographing them to . Thanks for sharing have a good evening !

steph said...

really great bird photos.....my feathered friends seem to only be visiting my feeders when i'm not home!!!!