Thursday, January 31, 2013

Jumpin on the GF Bandwagon


After much consideration and research I have decided to go gluten free.
My joints have been giving me some aches and I feel terribly fatigued during the day.
These could be symptoms of gluten intolerence.
Or I just may need to lose weight and get more sleep!
Who knows? But I am going to give it a try.
 
I made a trip to the grocery store this morning and gathered up a few supplies.
PHEW!!!
Being GF is expensive.
 
A couple of  6 inch frozen pizza shells -- 5.99
Zaza needs her zas.
I have found a recipe for GF banana bread which I will give a go this weekend.
If it turns out I may try my hand at making my own baking mix.
 
From my research it should take about 60 days for me to see any big difference.
If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear.
Thanks all.
 

5 comments:

Deb said...

That sounds interesting. I'm sure this weather is getting to you just like it is me. I'm just back from walking the dog and darn near froze. We are all getting bored with winter.I hope you start sleeping better soon. I know it pulls the rug out from under me when I don't.

Susan said...

King Arthur Flour has a gluten-free flour that I use for my friends that need to avoid gluten. Also, there is a blood test for Celiac disease if you want to know for sure, but you're right--just like buying organic, gluten-free is expensive, XOXO

Mariodacatsmom said...

Yes, it is expensive. I don't buy it, but have a couple of friends that do. Will be interesting to see what you think after a couple of weeks or so. I know my body has been hurting more lately too, but primarily it's because of a change in the weather pattern.

Catherine said...

Good luck with going gluten free! And I love your pretty flowers below!
xo Catherine

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll be interested to know what you think after you've tried this. I am 'sugar free' and I sure feel better.