Saturday, November 24, 2012

Upstairs Downstairs

Last week I decided to pull out some family silver.
We don't use silver tea services any more but

 
I will use it for a small vignette with a few flowers and some candy sticks.
The tea service belonged to my mother in law.

 
She gave it to us for our 25th wedding anniversary (um 9 years ago)
Then of course there are those little silver cups we all get when our children are born.
I even found my own.
 

 
All were pretty tarnished. But a morning of breathing in the delicious aroma of Silvo.....
They are sparkly again.
It did bring back memories of my mother and Nana dragging out all the silver and giving it a "good" polish for the holidays.

Wishing you all a sparkly weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh,my, you are to be admired for all that silver cleaning. I have given all sorts of silver away so that I no longer have to do any of that.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Silver is so pretty to use for the holidays! Enjoy your weekend!

Susan said...

I have a few pieces too, but mostly I remember polishing the silver my mother had; couldn't wait to see the beautiful shine appear. I have become rather fond of pewter (from when we lived in New England) and don't have to polish it:-) but, I will admit it's not as festive as silver is for the holidays, Susan

Mariodacatsmom said...

I have a few pieces too and it's actually fun to polish them and use them from time to time. I wish they would stay nice and shiny tho, but it doesn't last long.