Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Hostas and PB cookies

Today was "in the garden" day.
I spent the morning digging hostas.
I have so many I am just digging and dividing what I have.
They are going in the front; putting red bark mulch around them.
I am hoping it gives the front a wee bit more of a formal feel.
My back gardens are a wee bit more hectic looking.
I call the gardens my "mullett" gardens.
Business in the front. Party in the back.



It is an extremely hot one today 33* (40 with the humidex).
I fed most of the gardens altho I am rationing the water since we haven't had significant rainfall in going on 2 months.
And of course the never ending deadheading.







And I have been inspired by the "travelling Susan apron" to do something.



I think Addy thought I was nuts!


But I made peanut butter cookies anyway.
Only baked off a dozen then froze the rest of the PB balls for later.
So it really wasn't too bad.
Only had the oven on for about 20 minutes!


So the apron is hung up again until next time!



2 comments:

Deb said...

Looks like a storm in comin'. I baked today too. A birthday cake for Jess. Holy, it's hot. See you tomorrow if the weather co-operates. Hugs

Mariodacatsmom said...

Great pictures.