Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October in the Garden

Is it really October and are we really starting to put the garden away for the winter?
It seems only a few short months ago I was excited to see the first appearance of green grass and the snow drops popping thru the last remnants of snow

 Iain has built a bird feeding station to make it a wee bit easier to keep the feeders filled.

 My vegetable/potager is ready to be turned over.
I am going to plant garlic this fall.

 We do have a few Hungarian peppers still hanging on.

 And the Jalapenos are ready to be popped into some home made salsa.

 I left this cosmos plant in the garden.
Actually it was an oversight then just kinda lazy to pull it out and voila.....
It has regifted itself and if we don't get a heavy frost in the near future there will be a few more flowers popping out!!

2 comments:

Mariodacatsmom said...

We're looking pretty brown up here. Everything has been pulled out or cut back for winter. Yuk!!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

we just picked what I think is the last of our tomatoes that were hanging on the plant. I stopped watering a few weeks ago and finally the pepper plants are starting to die. I feel guilty killing them in that manner but I am sooooooo done with watering til next year!